There are many things for which people spend their money. It includes the daily needs, necessities a few wants, and some extra miscellaneous expenses which happen now and then. The expenses people have and the way they spend their money say a lot about them. While looking for a credit card it is important to get note of all these expenses of your and make use of them so that you can find the right credit card for you. Daily expenses of everyone can vary and so as the credit cards are made for the everyday needs of people.
Some people travel a lot – now traveling can be done in two different ways either by their vehicle or by public transportation. In this type of scenario, we have two cards which are fuel and travel, each with different features and categories. Whereas there are people such as housewives who have to do a lot of shopping such as groceries, retail, and sometimes online and offline shopping, here shopping credit cards are most suitable. Some people are high-value individuals, these people have different lifestyles such as regular traveling, hotel stays, shopping, etc. Here premium, super-premium, and invite-basis credit cards are much recommended.
Seemingly there are different people with different needs, so it becomes really important to have the right credit card to use meticulously and efficiently.
Pointers to keep in mind while choosing the right Credit Card
Here are a few things that can take care of when you are looking for credit cards –
- Everyday Needs – What are your regular needs, where do you spend the most of your money in a day, what are the things you use daily, etc? These questions will help you find out the most used things where you spend a big portion of your money. Then further choose a credit card of the category which provides you with the most discounts, offers, and benefits with that particular type of expense. This is a very important factor if you are a daily spender. Here you can further deepen your search for a credit card with a low annual rate and low-interest rate.
- Occasional Expenses – There are many expenses that people have to take care of on a day-to-day basis and there are occasional expenses. These expenses are occasional expenses, where you need to make a few purchases once in a while. This type of expense can include some functions or celebrations, some festivals, or any other occasion.
Here the best part is that if your occasional expenses are different from your daily expenses, you can choose a credit card with a low joining fee. This way you can spend all you want with no hesitation and pay it back without any hesitation every month.
- Essential Spends –Some expenses are essential like groceries, bills, and some other miscellaneous shopping, etc. These spends are something that cannot be removed as they are necessary for smooth living. Choosing a credit card that can help you get a whole range of discounts and offers on your essentials and a decent rewarding system would be the best fit.
These are important pointers that can help you decide what type of credit card will you need to get the best out of your daily expenses. This is also important to note that the credit card also comes with many other beneficial features such as complimentary lounge access, golf, membership benefits, discounts on hotels, etc.
Things to note while choosing a credit card
There are many things that people should check and have a thorough knowledge about before applying for a credit card. These things are –
- Card With Offers – With a credit card that is a suitable fit for you, there can be a lot of offers present. In the category which you deem fit, many credit cards come with a lot of offers and discounts. Such as with BPCL SBI Credit Card you can earn 25 RP for every Rs. 100 spent at BPCL fuel Stations and the welcome bonus is also very good. The card is specially curated for people who need regular refills.
- Interest rates – Choose wisely while opting for any credit card, as every credit card has a financial charge levied on it which can make the card expensive for you to afford. The interest rates can be anywhere between 1.99% per month to 3.5% per month at most for example with AXIS Bank Magnus Credit Card, the interest rate is 3.0% per month which is 42.58% yealrly. There can be times when you might not be able to make the repayment and that is where these interest rates kick in. This rate is applied to the outstanding amount which you owe to the bank and the more you take time to repay it, the more charges it will accrue. hence, it is very important to check for these rates beforehand.
- Fees and Charges – All the other fees such as forex charges in case of travel credit card, cash advance fee, late payment fee, reward redemption rate, and reward redemption fee, etc need to be checked before applying for any credit card. It is initially very important for the applicant to make sure that they have a thorough knowledge of the credit card fees and charges. the rules and regulations of accruing these fees are also important because the applicant needs to be aware of what they have to comply with and how they can use the features.
A thorough knowledge of the credit card will only help you assess the pros and cons of the credit card. This will also help you get a clear idea of what they can offer you and what features can help you with your daily needs.
There is a plethora of features and benefits which credit cards are curated, depending on the need of any individual from any class. These features can be used in different ways and there are a variety of credit cards offering different features which can be used for your benefit. But not every credit card will be a great fit for you.
To get the best out of any credit card, it is important to have a thorough knowledge of that card, It also includes the feature, fees, and the rules and regulations affiliated with using the credit card. the card best suited for you will help you get the best rewarding features and help you collect rewards in your every purchase.